Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 5, 2009

Good Morning!

Today is a much slower day for me and my internship, I finally get to rest. However, I will tell you about the events of yesterday. Yesterday, I attended a high school football press conference in Bethesda, MD. All Montgomery County Prep and Public Schools were in attendance. My job was not only easy but fun. I sat and watched as coach after coach gave the overview of his team. One team in particular did not send their head coach to speak, but they sent the head coach's son, he looked so nervous.Despite his nervousness, he did very well, got every point across, and, answered each reporters questions very well.

This was the first press conference I had ever done, so my boss was very impressed that I even had the courage to be the only female reporter in the room at such a young age.I did it!

Once I finished with the press conference, I went back to check in with my boss to see if there was anything else to be done for the day. There was one. We had a small and relatively short meeting about my internship in the Fall. He explained to me that he wanted me to cover the major games in the area, not as a reporter, but as a marketer. He would like for me to hand out free t-shirts, business cards, etc. I didn't mind that at all. It sounds so fun! I can't wait until school and my internship starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment